Shopping in Batemans Bay
Batemans Bay Shopping
There’s plenty to browse and buy in the Batemans Bay shopping centre and the surrounding region, from gourmet food to art. Here are a few highlights of what’s on offer.
There are numerous markets in the region, offering local arts and crafts and bric a brac, as well as artisan wines, cheese and chocolate, organic breads and olives. Markets generally operate at weekends including:
• Batemans Bay Marine Rescue Market, 1st Sunday of the month, Corrigan’s Reserve.
• Batemans Bay High School Market, 3rd Sunday of the month, 8am – 1pm, Corrigan’s Reserve.
• Moruya Country Market, Saturday 8am- 1pm, Riverside Park, Moruya.
• Narooma Rotary Market, 4th Sunday of the month, NATA oval, Narooma.
• SAGE Farmers Market, Tuesdays 3pm – 7pm, Riverside Park, Moruya (summer months).
• Tilba Growers Markets, Saturdays 8am – 12pm, Big Hall, Bate Street, central Tilba.
ABC Cheese Factory
The ABC Cheese Factory in central Tilba is the first cheese co-operative in NSW and has been operating since 1891. Open every day except Christmas Day, watch cheese being made from the rich, creamy milk of local Jersey cows.
Mogo Village Cellars
Specialising in boutique and personally selected wines and beers, you won’t find the standard wines here! With a regularly updated product line, there’s likely to be a bottle or two here to tempt the most discerning palate.
Tilba Sweet Spot
A classic old fashioned sweet shop with all your old favourites and an extremely tempting array of confectionary from other countries. Everything from humbugs to a galaxy of boiled sweets, liquorice and unusual chocolates.
Treasures from the deep
Visit the Batemans Bay shell and opal museum and gift shop, featuring local and overseas shells and fossils.
Juela Mogo is a boutique jewellery design and manufacturing studio with a global clientele. Source a new piece, or have an inherited classic reconfigured to bring it up to date.